Friday 30 April 2010

Here's the Heads Up #5


(image via A.Rubanesque's Facebook page)

So all the goings-on in Dublin and around are probably old news to all of you, but it's been a busy week since I got home and I'm still trying to get my head around everything that's going on. A handful of upcoming things have got my attention, here they are :)

Starting Sunday, continuing each Sunday of the month:
Customisation classes at A.Rubanesque, Powerscourt Townhouse, Dublin 2
Purveyors of fine haberdashery since....I don't know when, A.Rubanesque in the Powerscourt centre are now holding customisation classes to give you the chance to put some of their lovely stock to use. €60 per person per class (2 hours long) and some of that's redeemable against materials. Visit their website or facebook page (or call on 01-6729243) for more info or to book a place.



Open until 24th May:
AAI Awards exhibition, Lighthouse Cinema, Smithfield, Dublin 7
The 25th annual Architecture Association of Ireland Awards were awarded recently, and an exhibition of the winners and shortlisted entries is open every day between 2 - 8pm in the delicious surrounds of Lighthouse Cinema. O'Donnell + Tuomey were the big winners, more about them and others once I make it to the exhibition myself...

14th May:
Le Cool's first birthday party, South Studios, Dublin 8
I for one feel the past twelve months have definitely gone quicker thanks to le cool's weekly recommendations. I'll be making an effort to get to the birthday party, hosted by the lads in South Studios on New Row South. Not only will there be fun and vodka (and pin the tail on the donkey maybe?) but you can also see an exhibition of 45 le cool covers, including the latest, which is from illustrator Tamara McCarthy:


(image via le cool)