Friday 10 September 2010

Page\Park Part One



I just spent a long weekend in Glasgow, so for 5 glorious days I focused on Glaswegian buildings (and inside them, and around them) instead of Dublin ones. One such building was the Lighthouse, Glasgow's Centre for Architecture, Design and the City, was part of the itinerary. Housed in a Charles Rennie Mackintosh building, cleverly refurbished and extended by Glasgow firm Page\Park, the Centre houses a permanent Mackintosh exhibition, two viewing towers, a Vitra showroom, exhibition space, a cafe (pictured below) and a shop, which I somehow missed (?!). Unfortunately they were between builds while I was there, and so there wasn't a lot to see beyond the Mackintosh room, but I guess it's good to brush up on the man while in his home town...


(Image via Culture Label)