Friday 26 April 2013

Life Story



Last Saturday was Record Store Day, and after visiting my nearest record store in Stockbridge I went for a wander in the Edinburgh neighbourhood known for its charity and vintage shops, boutiques and cafes. My second favourite find of the afternoon was a Phaidon book on modern architecture in the Shelter bookshop on Raeburn place - it's a massive and beautiful book and only cost me £8! But as great as that sounds, I stumbled upon something even better: Life Story on London Street. A design shop run by textile designer Fi Storey and designed by Adam Storey, Life Story is a bright and airy space containing a great range of clothes, accessories, stationery and homewares all clearly selected with a careful eye.



Open since last November, Life Story is exactly the kind of shop I like to find in a city: an interesting space in itself filled with cool items to wear, to read, to scribble on or to put to use in your home. A lot of the stock in Life Story features the types of bold patterns I'm such a fan of - probably because bold patterns are a feature of owner Fi Storey's textile label Alphabet. Though on Saturday I left Life Story without any purchases (pay day's not til next week) I can guarantee I wont be abstaining when I next visit...




Images 1, 2 & 4 via Four by Two, Image 3 via Avocado Sweet