Monday 7 December 2009

I'll Take The Lot


(small car plate by Paget Scott-McCarthy, €25 from the Irish Design Shop)

In my recent post on the Christmas evening in the Irish Design Shop I had a really hard time choosing which Paget Scott-McCarthy product I would include in the post. In the end I went for the bicycle scarf because it and bicycles are awesome. But then I thought about it some more and decided that if I could, I'd buy loads more of Paget's work, and seeing as blogging about it is the next best thing, I would do just that. A Cork-born textiles designer who's also been branching out into ceramics (explaining the plates), her work has a really attractive graphic quality, and I'd very much like to own some ... maybe the bike scarf ... no, the birds ... or maybe ...



(Small inquisitive bird plate by Paget Scott-McCarthy, €25 from the Irish Design Shop)


(Yellow/blue bird scarf by Paget Scott-McCarthy,€55 from the Irish Design Shop)