Monday 15 October 2012

Farewell TILEWATCH...



As you may have noticed, I spent six sunny months living in Lisbon, the awesome capital city of the awesome country Portugal. As well as soaking up vitamin D, learning a little Portuguese, sampling pastries and familiarising myself with the vast and tasty local wine selection, I developed a mild tile obsession (the doctor says it's nothing to worry about). Over on TILEWATCH I collected exactly 250 photos and drawings of tiles mainly spotted in Lisbon but also in Setúbal, Porto and Guimarães. They're all there for your perusal, and keep an eye for an upcoming tile-related project I hope to have finished and made public soon enough... The last photo (above) was posted recently, and the tiles (found at the Nossa Senhora do Monte viewing point in Graça) spell out 'Boa viagem; Lisboa espera por ti', meaning 'Safe journey; Lisbon awaits you'. Oh, how I hope it does...