Friday 12 October 2012

House and Garden in the Liberties



I don't know about you guys, but I spent last weekend gorging on architecture thanks to the Irish Architecture Foundation's Open House Dublin festival. The first tour I went on was of Donaghy and Dimond's House and Garden in the Liberties, and it was definitely one of the highlights of my busy weekend. This is the second Donaghy and Dimond designed space I've been in, and they're certainly architects with a flair for interesting material use and clever configurations of space. In particular I think they balance materials very well - I really love the use of concrete in this house (the cast concrete bath is a particular highlight), but paired with lots of warm wood and cast in plenty of light, it never becomes cold or stark. See below for more images, and if you spot any of Donaghy and Dimond's work in future editions of OHD, make sure to get yourself to a tour :)




(Images via Donaghy + Dimond)